In Response to God’s love, we seek to know Jesus Christ more deeply, to grow in His likeness, and to show His love and truth to each other and to our community.
Our mission statement is more than words on a page. It is the way we seek to live as Christians and do ministry together as a church. It is both personal and corporate. Take some time to reflect on these verses and questions.
To know Jesus Christ more deeply:
- “…and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32
- “And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou has sent.” John 17:3
- “I want to know Christ, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death…” Philippians 3:10
1. How are you growing in your knowledge and understanding of Jesus Christ today?
2. How does knowing Jesus Christ bring truth, freedom, grace, love and power to your life today?
To grow in His likeness:
- “But speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him, who is the head, walking in Christ.” Ephesians 4:15
- “…train yourself to be godly, for godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” I Timothy 4:7
- “Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation…” I Peter 2:2
3. Are you more like Jesus Christ in your actions and attitudes today than you were a year ago?
4. Are there thing you are doing (or can do) that will help you grow to be more like Jesus?
To show His love and truth to each other and to our community:
- “in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified, sound in speech which is beyond reproach… showing all good faith that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in every respect.” Titus 2:7 &10
- “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Outdo one another in showing honor.” Romans 12:10
- “Let now one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.” I Timothy 2:7
5. In what specific ways are you showing God’s love to others in our church? Is there someone you can chose to love this month in a specific way?
6. Do people in your community know the truth about God through your loving actions today?